The Mojito Created in Havana, Cuba, the Mojito is a 5-part cocktail which has its origins in a 16th Century cure for scurvy called El Draque, named after the famous Elizabethan explorer Sir Francis Drake.
To make a mojito you will need the following equipment:
Recipe: Ingredients & Garnish
Ingredients White rum (60ml / 2oz) 4 lime wedges 12 mint leaves 2 teaspoons of sugar: (demerara, brown or 15ml sugar syrup) Soda water
Garnish Fresh mint sprig Lemon slice
Method: How to Make a Mojito
1. Muddle 2 teaspoons of demerara sugar with 3 lime wedges in a Collins glass
2. Add the mint leaves (approx 12) and muddle gently
3. Half fill the glass with crushed ice
4. Add the white rum (60ml / 2oz)
5. Top up with soda water (approx 120ml), stir and top up with crush iced
6. Add a sprig of mint and lemon slice to garnish
You Might Also Like... If you like a Mojito, why not also try a Caipirinha?